Today I’m in a bad mood and not much can shift it, but in a brief moment of child free bliss I just visited a happy place, created in the microwave!
Here’s the recipe for Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mug Cake…
You will need –
- A standard sized mug
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 2.5tbsp caster sugar (though granulated works fine)
- 2tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3tbsp Vegetable oil (though Olive oil works almost as well)
- 3tbsp whole milk (or equivalent)
- Dash of vanilla extract (optional)
- A few good sprinkles of sea salt flakes. Don’t break them up
- 2tbsp dark chocolate chips or I just chop off some bits from a bar.
Add all these into the mug and mix with a fork.
Now add to the top-
- 3tsp Peanut Butter, crunchy or smooth, though I prefer smooth in this instance, dollopped on top here and there.
- Sprinkle a little more sea salt over
Microwave for 1 minute, check the cake, you’re aiming for sponge like in the middle but you still want some gooey goodness around the outside. I usually pop back in for about another half a minute.
Enjoy and I apologise if you didn’t know about Mug Cakes until this moment, you may have a rough month ahead of you where you just won’t be able to help yourself from making one of these cups of happiness in a spare moment or 2!
I’ve finally made a start on The Year of Living Danishly, after looking at it sitting on the coffee table for quite a number of weeks. I’ve enjoyed the little that I’ve read so far, but will report back once I’m finished.
Let’s hear it for the mood lifting powers of cake!
(I’m pretending for the moment that I’m not actually supposed to be trying to lose weight!)
Right, back to the real world, this midweek slump has got me bad.