Today was a home day and I felt some baking was in order, I put a shout out and lots of my lovely readers replied with their favourite recipes, but Eula requested ‘Beetroot Hash Browns’ as she calls them, and what the little person wants, well….
I thought I’d share the recipe (I posted a very similar one around Christmas, but that was in a big fancy cake form and you may not have seen it)…so here you are…
- 250g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 250g beetroot. I use the precooked vacuum packed stuff from the supermarket, make sure it isn’t the one in vinegar! Grate with a cheese grater, use the juice too.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees (Fan assisted oven)
- Line your chosen tin with greaseprrof paper, I use a big shallow ish tray or today it was the grill pan as I can’t find my usual one.
- Break chocolate into pieces, or attack the packet with a rolling pin like Eula did! Cut butter into cubes, throw both into a large mixing bowl and place in oven as it heats up, stir occasionally until completely melted.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together.
- Add melted chocolate + butter, beat together until smooth
- Gently fold in the flour, then the beetroot, don’t over work it
- Spoon the mixture into your tin.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 minutes, checking through out that it isn’t catching.
- Leave to cool completely once out of the oven.